Due to a recent interest for the Openstack project, I have begun to test and to do some work around it.
I have started to setup a cluster of four nodes (1 proxy/volume and 3 computes) on Debian by following this guide (Or this one if you love Puppet and if you are in a hurry)
This one can make beautiful graphs about many metrics of Openstack
After some tiny problems encountered with the Debian packaging, I have taken a look on it and started to fix some of them
To have more chance to see my changes committed to upstream, I have followed some steps:
- Join the Alioth project teams
- Subscribe to the mailing list
- Clone the Debian git repository of Openstack
- Hack the package (And learn new stuffs about the Debian Policy
- Commit my changes
- Contact one of the maintainers of the project on IRC for code reviewing
After my code has been reviewed by the upstream maintainer, it was successfully uploaded into the Debian archives.
The Openstack Debian packages now have some code from me :-)
All of this has been done thanks to the useful advises of the course I’m following: the upstream university.