I’m Mehdi Abaakouk, I live in Toulouse (France) and I have been using Linux for more than fifteen years.
Here is a quick list of my contribution to the opensource world:
- Openstack where I am Core developer of the Ceilometer, Gnocchi, Aodh, Tooz, Oslo.messaging and all other Oslo program projects.
- Grafana Gnocchi datasource plugin
- Official Redhat Openstack Packaging
- Official Debian Packaging
- Ceph librados and libcephfs Python binding in C with Cython
- Disc-air a tools to graph a L2 network (started 2015)
- Neutron routed-plugin Openstack plugin to provide L3 routing only
- Bird-LG a BGP looking glass for bird written in python/flask (started in 2011)
- Listen a music player/manager for GNOME written in python/gtk/gstreamer (2005-2012)
- Seeks a social and collaborative search engine , I make the debian and ubuntu packages (2009-2012)
- Lullaby a android client for ampache (2010-2012)
- CyanogenMod a Android alternative OS for mobile, I have ported some CyanogenMod fonctionnalities from version 4 to 5, 6 and 7 (2009-2010)
- Gmixer a audio mixer in python/gtk (2008)
For the internet part, I’m involving myself in a French Associative Internet Service Provider and Host Provider: tetaneutral.net
In this context, since 2010, I have set up and maintain:
- an Openstack cluster of 12 nodes using Kvm for the vitualisation (~140 instances), Ceph for the storage (~100To), and a custom network plugins that uses iBGP mesh network to route public ips across the cluster.
- that have replaced an old cluster of 6 nodes built with ganeti
- an mailserver system with 3 HA/replicated nodes using Dovecot and Postfix
- an infrastructure supervision with CheckMK
- some tools like Bird-LG for our looking glass
- or disc-air to map our network
- and everything automated with Puppet
- and backuped with Borg
I make the regular system administration tasks too.
And also I like to dance on crazy swing rhythm ;p